1988 LAND ROVER DEFENDER 110 Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel
We're pleased to present this incredible, bespoke 1988 Land Rover Defender 110 equipped with a venerable CUMMINS R2.8 TURBO DIESEL crate engine and a smooth-shifting 6L80E 6-speed automatic transmission.
It is finished in stunning Santorini Black with a custom, two-tone interior in supple Bonsmarabrown and black African leather with contrasting white stitching. With a full 9-passenger capacity (2 front, 3 middle, 4 rear seats), this is a one-of-a-kind restoration/custom build that will accommodate you and 8 of your best friends in complete comfort and style – on or off-road.
The complete drive train is NEW, with power disc brakes at all four corners. And, you'll need 'em considering the Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel delivers 161 horsepower and a whopping 310 lb-ft of ground-pounding torque. The Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel and 6L80E transmission installation was professionally carried out by the Team here at Osprey Custom Cars, LLC in Castle Hayne, NC – the world leaders in Cummins-powered Defenders.
The unique Front Runner "Gullwing"-style cargo area windows replace the rear windows of the Defender allowing easy access to the cargo bay via the side of the vehicle. While built for off-road durability and ease of use, the Front Runner aluminum "Gullwing"-style cargo area windows look smart and were designed to blend seamlessly with the original exterior styling of the vehicle.
Below are some other highlights of the modifications and new parts that, in NO way, represent everything that went into this extraordinary build:
- Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel
- 6L80E 6-speed automatic transmission
- Lokar automatic electronic sport-mode shifter
- Custom stainless-steel exhaust system
- New aluminum radiator
- New electric cooling fans
- Full "Dynamat" soundproofing throughout
- All-new weather stripping
- Weather Stop rubber flooring
- Genuine Land Rover rubber floor mats
- Heated front seats
- Power front windows
- Manual rear windows
- Front Runner "Gullwing"-style cargo area windows
- Front AND rear R134A air conditioning
- Garmin navigation system w/ 7" touch-screen
- Reversing camera
- Kenwood head unit
- JL Audio speakers x 6
- JL Audio subwoofer
- USB power ports
- Custom, leather-wrapped center console w/ 2 cupholders
- Custom, leather-wrapped dash
- VDO gauges
- 16-inch Land Rover "Sawtooth" gloss-black powder-coated alloys
- 235/85R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires
- NAS-spec rear bumper w/ 2" hitch receiver
- Trailer wiring harness
- LED headlamps
- LED tail lamps
- LED signal/marker/reverse lamps
- KBX grill
- 5-bar wing top protection with KBX intakes
...and much, much more!
Classic cars have proven to be among the most rewarding and resilient investments in recent years with the Historic Automobile Group Index (HAGI) jumping 39% in 2013, 16% in 2014 and 17% in 2015 while posting gains of 467% over the last 10 years! Are you ready to make an investment that you can actually drive and enjoy?
We're more than happy to help with professional shipping nationwide, and depending on where you're located, we may personally deliver it to you. You can fly into our local airport (ILM) just 5 miles away to view the vehicle and take a test drive if you'd like.
Please contact us by phone on (910) 632-0260 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We'll be happy to give you a complete walk-around, provide you with a more detailed description, and answer any questions you may have.
Thanks for looking, and have a great day!
The Osprey Custom Cars Team
1988 Land Rover Defender 110 w/
Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel
VIN: 571597Miles: 1,000 since the build completion
Price: $129,000 USD